On August 4, 1704, during the War of the Spanish Succession, Britain took control of Gibraltar on this day in 1704 after Spain surrendered, and “the Rock” consequently ended up being a British nest and a sign of British naval strength.
— SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 108 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction composing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- The photovoltaic power professionals at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off voucher. Depending on the design selected, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy 3 Day Course Certificate. This can be utilized for any of their one, 2, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- 2 cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in # 10 cans, thanks to Ready Made Resources (a $350 worth),
- A $250 present certificate great for any item from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate excellent towards any of their DVD training courses.
- Two sets of The Civil Defense Manual, (in 2 volumes)– a $193 worth– kindly contributed by the author, Jack Lawson.
- A SIRT STIC AR-15/ M4 Laser Training Bundle, courtesy of Next Level Training, that has a combined retail worth of $679
- Two 1,000-foot spindles of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors just) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 worth).
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 worth, thanks to Seed for Security, LLC.
- Montana Survival Seed is supplying a $225 gift code for any items on its website, consisting of natural non-GMO seeds, fossils, 1812-1964 US silver, precious jewelry, botany books, and Montana beeswax.
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Business, towards the purchase of any pre-1899 antique weapon. There is no documents required for delivery of pre-1899 weapons into the majority of states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing personal privacy!
- A $300 present certificate from Good2Goco.com, great for any of their products: Home freeze clothes dryers, pressure canners, Nation Living grain mills, Emergency Fundamentals foods, and far more.
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth multiple-use canning covers. (This is an overall of 300 covers and 600 gaskets.) This reward is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, thanks to Regulation 21 (a $275 value),
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Business, towards the purchase of any pre-1899 antique weapon.
— More than $840,000 worth of prizes have actually been granted because we began running this contest. We just recently surveyed blog site readers, asking for recommended article topics. Refer to that survey if you haven’t yet chosen an article subject. Round 108 ends on September 30th, so get hectic composing and e-mail us your entry. Keep in mind that there is a 1,500-word minimum, which articles on useful “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.