So you’ve decided that it’s time to make a survival plan for your family. Whether you’ve come to this decision based on the economy, the state of the world, or a personal crisis, the most important first step in developing the right course of action for your family is also the most ignored one: establishing a strong spiritual foundation. While many people focus on making lists, consolidating finances, or stocking up on essentials, all of these efforts are wasted if your mind- and your heart- aren’t properly oriented to the challenge you’re preparing to take on.
Before you take any concrete first steps, ask yourself these (number) questions:
- You are the decision-maker and guardian of your family- do you have the strength to make the tough decisions that will inevitably come your way?
- Have you prepared yourself- mentally, physically, and spiritually- for the challenges that may come?
- Have you prepared your family the same way?
- Do you have the fortitude to do what needs to be done and to keep going when things get hard?
- Are you willing to make sacrifices- whether of your money, time, or comfort?
- Do you maintain a spirit of gratitude for what you have and charity to share with others what they lack?
- Do you spend every day in hopeful prayer, trusting that God will provide?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you are ready to begin taking the actions necessary to prepare your family for what is to come. Whether that means making a move, constructing a safehouse, or training everyone in basic self-defense, know that if you trust in God in all you do, He will protect you.